The CSR Stakeholder Forum
In 2017 the government published Towards Responsible Business: Ireland’s 2nd National Plan on Corporate Social Responsibility 2017-2020 which was developed in consultation with the chairperson and members of the CSR Stakeholders Forum.
The second and final Chairperson of the CSR Stakeholder Forum was Catherine Heaney of DHR Communications. The Forum brought together representatives of the business sector, the public sector other key stakeholder and the wider community. The CSR Stakeholder Forum developed a Work Programme to implement and support the 17 actions contained in the final National Plan on CSR 2017-2020.
Here is a list of 2017-2020 CSR Stakeholder Forum member organisations.
The role of the Stakeholder Forum was to assist with achieving the following objectives identified in the National Plan on CSR which include:
- Monitoring best practices and evolving trends in CSR and benchmarking activity through relevant tools and studies
- Continuing to increase awareness of CSR, its value to businesses and to society as a whole
- Encouraging more micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises to raise their competitiveness through CSR engagement
- Working to increase recognition among large business of the value of sustainable business practices in boosting employment, attracting and retaining talent as well as their impact on wider society
- Encouraging businesses to report their CSR activity in their annual reports and other publications
For the purposes of the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015, the CSR Stakeholder Forum was obliged to comply with the Transparency Code as it is exempted from registering on the Lobbying Register.
Minutes of meetings of the Forum are published on this website.
A selection of presentations made at previous meetings of the CSR Stakeholder Forum are available for download as pdfs.
The Progress Reports on the implementation of Towards Responsible Business, Ireland's National Plan on Corporate Social Responsibility 2017 - 2020 are: